Damage & Deposits
Facility Damage & Rental Deposits
- After the use permit expires and no damage fees have been assessed, the damage deposit will be refunded. A check will be issued by the Finance Department. This process can take up to 4 weeks. The check will be mailed or, upon request, can be picked up at the SWA Administration Building.
- Damage fees are assessed in the following situations or as deemed necessary by the Risk Manager or his/her designee.
- Removal of carpet or tile stains requiring more than standard extraction or cleaning methods
- Stains on the walls
- Broken furniture or equipment
- Defacement or vandalism of any part of the interior or exterior of the building
- Damage created by improper use of equipment or non-compliance with facility rules
- Equipment found to be missing as a result of a group using the facility
- Police called for an emergency or a disturbance
- Damage fees are based on replacement or repair costs incurred by the SWA, and may exceed the deposit amount. The SWA may take legal action to recover these costs.
- A post-function walkthrough will be required. The SWA staff will visually inspect the facility immediately following the event with a member of the group, if one is available. Within 3 business days, the Risk Manager or his/her designee will contact the group to discuss any damage noted during the walkthrough or additional damage that was found and what course of action will be taken.