Administrative Support Volunteers and Non-Paid Internships
Volunteers assist the Solid Waste Authority
with a wide range of duties in several departments, including Recycling,
Media Arts, Customer Information Services, and Management Information
An internship is available to Palm Beach
County High School and College students. Selected students work at
the Authority as non-paid interns to assist SWA departments. The
SWA Volunteer Coordinator monitors and coordinates the interaction
between the intern and the departments. Students are eligible for
community service volunteer hours, if applicable.
The following is a summary of the
activities volunteers and interns may be involved with.
- Assisting staff with video shoots.
- Assisting staff in setting up the
Auditorium for Board meetings and events.
- Labeling tapes and other activities.
Graphic Arts Department
- Scanning negatives, cropping images,
- Assisting staff with designing
publications and banners.
Management Information Systems
- Troubleshooting PC's.
- Installing programs on the network
- Assisting staff with training
Customer Information Services
- Computer work.
- Assisting staff with special events.
- Putting together information
- Assisting with mass mailings.
- Assisting staff with inventory.
- Performing miscellaneous office
I would like to become a SWA Volunteer!
|Many of our pages use the
Adobe PDF format and require a minimum of Adobe Reader 9.0 or
later to open.
|Use the "Get
Acrobat" icon to install the free Acrobat Reader.
For more information contact Linda Moreno at 697-2700, ext. 4717 or
Florida law requires that we post the following statement:
"Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are
public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in
response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to
this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing."
The Solid Waste Authority regrets any inconvenience this may cause.