Residential Yard Waste / Vegetation

Residential yard waste and vegetation is collected once per week.

Yard waste includes debris from routine residential yard maintenance only. It does not include debris generated from land clearing or tree removal. All vegetation must be kept separate from other debris and be dirt and sand free.


Yard waste is collected manually by a different truck than the garbage and is limited to 6 cubic yards (CYs) per week (the equivalent volume of 3 standard-sized refrigerators). Don't know what this is, watch this video to find out.

All yard waste, with the exception of tree branches and palm fronds, must be containerized in standard 32-50 gallon cans or sealed paper or plastic bags. Containers and contents can not weigh more than 50 pounds. Branches must be 6 feet or less in length and 50 pounds or less in weight.

Do not mix yard waste (vegetation) with garbage or any other debris.
Yard Waste Still

What is Six Cubic Yards?

Yard Waste Video Still
If Your Debris Is Not Collected
Your waste hauler is not required to collect any debris that does not meet the above guidelines. If your debris does not meet guidelines and is not collected you may do one of the following:
  • Correct the debris to meet required collection guidelines. Once corrected it will be picked up on your next scheduled service day or:
  • Pay your current waste hauler a contracted special service fee of $9 per cubic yard to collect as is.
  • Contact any other private hauler listed in the Yellow Pages under "Rubbish Removal” for their collection rate.
  • Transport the material directly to SWA’s landfill located at 6330 North Jog Road in West Palm Beach (west of the Turnpike, between 45th Street and the Beeline Highway). If you elect to transport the material to the landfill please be aware you will be charged for the disposal cost and cash is required.
Also note that SWA does not assess vacant lots therefore they do not receive collection service. Only lots with an assessed residential structure on them are entitled to receive collection service.