- Requests for use of SWA Center Facilities must be received 15 days in advance unless approved by the Risk Manager or his/her designee. Approval for use will be on a first-come first-served basis and depends upon space availability. All reservations will occur through the Risk Manager or his/her designee.
- Each group will be permitted to reserve space once per month. Groups may request additional use of the facility, but it is up to the discretion of the Risk Manager or his/her designee.
Public Use Facilities
- Reservations for facility use can be made up to one year in advance and must be made in writing. Groups meeting monthly may be issued a use permit for one complete year. Monthly meeting groups must apply for renewal of their use permit 2 months before the end of their current use permit.
- Documentation of the following, as applicable, must be supplied to the Risk Manager or his/her designee at least 10 days prior to the event.
- General Liability Insurance must name the Solid Waste Authority of PBC as additional insured based on the activity and/or number of participants. A Certificate of Insurance reflecting this must be provided to SWA prior to the event.
- Facility reservations for Friday are considered "premium use" and are subject to a four hour minimum and additional staffing fees, if needed.
- Facility fees (50%) are due on the day of the use permit application (PDF) to bind the use agreement. Facility fees for monthly groups are due on month in advance.
- If deemed necessary by the Risk Manager or his/her designee, a group may be requested to submit in writing details of their organization, an explanation of the nature of the event, agenda, the number of guests expected, and any special needs or requirements. We reserve the right to deem any activity inappropriate for the facility.
- Approval for the use of the SWA facility will be granted on a first-come first-served basis and will depend upon space availability.
- No one organization will be granted the use of the facility for more than three consecutive days.
- Requests for use of the facility must be made by a person over the age of 21 years.
- The operational plans and procedures for an event shall not interfere with the normal operations of the SWA facility.
- An event host must have all required local, state, and federal licensing if retail sales will occur.