Curbside Collection and Tree Trimming Residents are to put their garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulk waste out the night before or before 6 a.m. on their regularly scheduled day. Due to the COVID-19 response, all garbage should be placed in a plastic garbage bag and tied to avoid any possibly contaminated material from contacting their waste worker.
To see how the SWA plans to respond to debris from a passing storm, view its most recent Debris Management Meeting presentation.
To keep up-to-date on Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County information, residents can go to the SWA's:
- When is hurricane season?
- I know the SWA wants all residents to do regular yard maintenance year round but what is the best time for me to do major cutting and/or tree removal?
- When preparing for hurricane season, is there a limit to the amount of vegetation I can place at the curb for collection?
- Why shouldn't I do major cutting in May when hurricane season doesn't officially begin until June 1?
Once a Storm Is Named
Palm Beach County's Division of Emergency Management is at Level IV - Normal Operations. Learn how to prepare your family by visiting www.ReadyPBC.org.
Get the PBC DART (Disaster Awareness and Recovery Tool) app for:
- Refrain from doing any yard maintenance or construction projects while we are in a cone of uncertainty.
- Not place any debris at the curb after a Hurricane Watch or Hurricane Warning is issued.
Learn more on what to do during and after the storm from:
Learn more from the National Hurricane Center»
Before a Storm Occurs
From PBC Emergency Management: Know your zone!
- Make a plan (with your family, and include your pets)
- Build a kit (for your household)
- Get involved (volunteer)
- Be informed (connect)
All major cutting of vegetation (i.e., tree removal) should be completed long before June 1, the beginning of hurricane season. Do all major cutting/tree removal from December 1 through April 30.
Learn more about how to prepare your yard before hurricane season»
Learn more from the Florida State Emergency Management»