For SWA Employees
[UPDATE 11-15-2022 at 9 a.m.]
All SWA offices and facilities, including the SWA Greenway Trail system, are open and all employees should report to their work locations as expected.
To stay up to date on SWA closure-related information:
- Call 561-640-4000 and listen to the employee message (if activated).
- Visit the SWA Hurricane Website: SWA.org/Hurricane.
- Call your supervisor directly.
- Watch for employee text messages. (If you want to receive emergency-related text messages, give HR your approval and an updated emergency mobile phone number.)
Once a Storm Is Named
Palm Beach County's Division of Emergency Management's Emergency Operations Center is at Level II - Partial Activation. Learn how to prepare your family by visiting ReadyPBC.org.
Get the PBC Dart app for:
Do not cut down trees or do major yard work once Palm Beach County is in the cone of uncertainty. There is not enough equipment or manpower to handle additional material before the storm makes landfall.
Watch a short video from SWA for safety tips»
Learn more about what do during and after a storm»
Learn more from the National Hurricane Center»
Before a Storm Occurs
- Make a plan (with your family, and include your pets).
- Build a kit (for your household).
- Get involved (volunteer).
- Be informed (connect).
All major cutting of vegetation (e.g., tree removal) should be completed long before June 1, the beginning of hurricane season. Do all major cutting and tree removal from Dec. 1 through April 30.