With National Safe Boating Week still fresh in the minds of Palm Beach County boaters, it’s vital to remember that safety applies not just to the time spent on the water, but to the disposal of certain boating products. Items such as flares, fire extinguishers, deep cycle batteries, mercury float switches, fuels and oils, cleaning products and even boats can all have a negative impact on our environment if not disposed of properly.
The Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County (SWA) understands that pollution prevention starts at home. Instead of throwing these items in the trash, Palm Beach County residents can dispose of these boating products properly, and for FREE, at 1 of the SWA’s 7 Home Chemical and Recycling Centers. There are drop-offs in:
• Belle Glade, 1701 State Road 15
• Delray Beach – East, 1901 SW 4th Ave.
• Delray Beach – West, 13400 South State Road 7
• Jupiter, 14185 Military Trail (SWA Road)
• Lantana, 1810 Lantana Road
• Royal Palm Beach, 9743 Process Drive (previously Fairgrounds Road)
• West Palm Beach, 6161 N. Jog Road
Visit the "Additional Info" link below or call 561-697-2700 or 866-SWA-INFO (toll-free) to learn more about the Solid Waste Authority’s Home Chemical and Recycling Centers.