Live in unincorporated Palm Beach County? Garbage, recyclables and yard waste will be collected on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, Jan. 17, for residents and businesses in unincorporated Palm Beach County. Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County disposal facilities are open and haulers in unincorporated Palm Beach County will run their regular routes. Residents should place all garbage, recyclables and yard waste curbside by 6 a.m.
While SWA administrative offices will be closed, a limited number of Customer Service team members will be available to assist residents with any garbage or recyclable collection questions or concerns. SWA Customer Service can be reached at 561-697-2700 or 866-792-4636.
Residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County can always see their updated collection schedule, set reminders, and sign up for collection information by clicking the “My Pick-Up Days” button at SWA.org.
Live in one of Palm Beach County’s 39 municipalities? Contact your municipality directly for their holiday collection schedule. A list of municipal contacts can be found online.
There are only two observed holidays during which residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County will not receive garbage service:
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022
- Christmas Day, Sunday, Dec. 25, 2022
There will be normal scheduled collection services for unincorporated residents on the following holidays:
- President’s Day – Monday, Feb. 21, 2022
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30, 2022
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 20, 2022 (SWA Observed)
- Independence Day – Monday, July 4, 2022
- Labor Day – Monday, Sept. 5, 2022
- Veteran’s Day – Friday, Nov. 11, 2022
- Christmas Eve – Saturday, Dec. 24, 2022
- New Year's Eve – Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022
- New Year’s Day – Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023
More information on holiday collection can be found online, as can additional information about SWA facilities and hours.