For residents and businesses in unincorporated Palm Beach County, there will be no change to garbage, recyclables and yard waste collection on Presidents’ Day, Monday, Feb. 21. Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County disposal facilities will be open and haulers in unincorporated Palm Beach County will run their regular routes. Residents should place all garbage, recyclables and yard waste curbside by 6 a.m.
While SWA administrative offices will be closed, a limited number of Customer Service team members will be available to assist residents with any garbage or recyclable collection questions or concerns. SWA Customer Service can be reached at 561-697-2700 or 866-792-4636.
Residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County can always see their collection schedule, set reminders, and sign up for collection information by clicking “My Pick-Up Days” at SWA.org.
Live in one of Palm Beach County’s 39 municipalities? Contact your municipality directly for their holiday collection schedule. A list of municipal contacts can be found online.
There are only two observed holidays during which residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County will not receive garbage service:
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022
- Christmas Day, Sunday, Dec. 25, 2022 (Observed on Monday, Dec. 26, 2022)
There will be normal scheduled collection services for unincorporated residents on the following holidays:
- President’s Day – Monday, Feb. 21, 2022
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30, 2022
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 20, 2022 (SWA Observed)
- Independence Day – Monday, July 4, 2022
- Labor Day – Monday, Sept. 5, 2022
- Veteran’s Day – Friday, Nov. 11, 2022
- Christmas Eve – Saturday, Dec. 24, 2022
- New Year's Eve – Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022
- New Year’s Day – Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023
More information on holiday collection can be found online, as can additional information about SWA facilities and hours.