With the Christmas Day holiday falling on Sunday, Dec. 25, there will be no garbage collection service impacts to residents living in unincorporated Palm Beach County.
There will also be normal scheduled collection services for unincorporated residents on Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24), New Year's Eve (Saturday, Dec. 31), and New Year’s Day. In addition, there will be normal collection service on the SWA observed holidays of Monday, Dec. 26 and Tuesday, Dec. 27.
While the SWA’s administrative offices will be closed, a limited number of Customer Service team members will be available to assist residents with any collection questions or concerns. SWA Customer Service can be reached by phone at 561-697-2700 or 866-792-4636, or email at ContactCIS@SWA.org.
With the increase of garbage around the Christmas holiday, there are special holiday provisions in the collection’s contract for residents living in unincorporated Palm Beach County:
- From Dec. 26 through Jan. 1, excess garbage can be placed outside of the standardized SWA garbage cart at the curb for pick up
- Excess garbage placed outside of the standardized SWA garbage cart must be properly secured in plastic bags weighing less than 50 pounds when filled
- All waste should still be placed curbside by 6 a.m.
- Oversized or excess carboard may be placed beside the yellow recycle bin for collection
- The packing material must be removed
- Remains limited to 6 cubic yards on the next yard waste collection day
- Remains limited to 3 items at the curb on the next bulk waste collection day
More information on holiday collection can be found online, as can additional information about SWA facilities and hours. Residents in unincorporated Palm Beach County can always see their updated collection schedule, set reminders, and sign up for collection information on the “My Pick-Up Days” webpage.
Residents who live in one of Palm Beach County’s 39 municipalities should contact their municipality directly for their holiday collection schedule. A list of municipal contacts can be found online.