Each year, the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County provides thousands of gallons of recycled paint to residents in need of updating the exterior of their homes.
Needy residents in your community can get a one-time donation of this free, high-quality exterior latex house paint, choosing from 10 colors. We need your to help identify those residents in your community who would benefit from this opportunity.
To qualify for a one-time paint donation, recipients must:
- Reside in Palm Beach County
- Be single-family homeowners only
- Occupy the home they own
- Have a home up to 3,000 square feet
Municipalities can help qualifying residents apply by visiting swa.org/paint or by calling the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County’s Customer Services Team at 561-697-2700 ext. 4717. If approved, paint will be available in four to six weeks. Applicants will be contacted when their paint is available.
Palm Beach County residents who have old paint to donate may visit any of the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County’s seven Home Chemical and Recycling Centers (swa.org/hcrc) and drop it off for free.
Small businesses may be able to dispose of old paint through the SWA for a fee. For more information, visit the SWA’s Hazardous Waste Services Small Businesses page or call 561-687-1100.
Each year, the SWA recycles more than 120,000 lbs of latex paint, and safely disposes of more than 1 million pounds of household hazardous waste . There are seven convenient county locations for residents to drop off their home chemicals:
- North County Transfer Station, 14185 Military Trail (SWA Road) in Jupiter
- Home Chemical and Recycling Center, 6161 N. Jog Road in West Palm Beach
- Glades Regional Transfer Station, 1701 State Road 15 in Belle Glade
- West Central Transfer Station, 9743 Process Drive in Royal Palm Beach
- Central County Transfer Station, 1810 Lantana Road in Lantana
- Southwest County Transfer Station, 13400 South State Road 7 in Delray Beach
- South County Transfer Station, 1901 SW 4th Ave. in Delray Beach